Board ExaminationsTo be considered for registration, candidates must apply for registration with BCAOMP and successfully complete the following:
- BCAOMP Knowledge-Based Board Examinations;
- BCAOMP Clinical Competency Board Examinations;
- BCAOMP Legislation and Ethics Board Examination.
- Have not been found guilty of an offence that is relevant to the applicant’s suitability to practice manual osteopathy;
- Be able to speak and write English or French with reasonable fluency. This requirement is tested by an applicant successfully completed the required board examinations;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada or authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 (Canada) to engage in the practice of the manual osteopathy profession.
Applicants will take all required board examinations within the same week. BCAOMP board examination results take approximately up to four weeks to process. Upon successful completion of the board examinations BCAOMP will send candidates an application form to be completed for membership.
BCAOMP offers the examinations three times per year.
If a candidate is unsuccessful at passing the boardexaminations, he/she will be given an opportunity to write a supplemental examination at the next available sitting of the examination or at an earlier date. A candidate is given as many opportunities as required to successfully pass the examination.
If a candidate wishes to appeal his/her result of the examinations, he/she may do so in writing to the attention of the Registration Committee. The Registration Committee will review this appeal and will respond to the candidate in writing. A response to an appeal may include, upholding the examination result, modifying the result on the basis of the appeal, modifying the examination for future sittings or any other response in the discretion of the Registration Committee, consistent with BCAOMP policy.
Examination FeeThe fee for the BCAOMP examinations is $500 (Canadian funds only). Payment is by certified cheque, money order, personal or business cheque only. Please make your payment to the British Columbia Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners.
BCAOMP will provide candidates with study material (regulations, standards of practice, policies, guidelines, etc.) upon receipt of the examination application fee. In addition to the academic and examination requirements, an applicant must: